Monday, March 21

How To Organize Your Coupons


I am not selling you anything! Promise! :) These are just my personal lessons learned and shared!

There are so many options out there for organizing your coupons, envelopes, pockets, boxes, binders, etc..  If you are serious about truly saving money and stockpiling when prices are rock bottom then you'll need a serious system to keep yourself organized.

My personal recommendation is a coupon binder. You can find them available for sale online with dividers, pages and nifty gadgets included. You can also assemble your own alot cheaper, and we are here to save money aren't we? Having spent months tweeking mine, I have finally developed a system that is working. For me. Yours will grow and change as you figure out what works and what doesn't for you. What categories you need and which don't apply. No pets? Leave that section out.

A few recommendations:

1. Get a three ring binder and have it zip! Having dropped mine on numerous occasions trying to juggle it, a purse and two wee ones, a zipper is a lifesaver!
2. Make sure it has extra outside pockets! I use these to store my calculator and small scissors. I also tuck my coupons in them as I travel through the store, then when I am done shopping, all my coupons are in one place, waiting for me to hand them to the cashier.
3. Use baseball card protector sleeves to sort your coupons. They are perfectly sized for most coupons and are easy to find. I tried making my own and I needed too many. Just buy them, they will pay you back. Promise. You can find them at Walmart or online.

4. Use the Avery 31 day page dividers. That gives you 31 categories for your coupons.
I purchased mine at Staples. They weren't cheap, but they are sturdy and should last a long time. And the rainbow colors are pretty! :) They make me happy to sort my coupons.

Click HERE to see my list of categories.
I hope that gives you a few starter ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment